Total Disc Replacement
The most studied and clinically-proven total disc replacement technology in the world.
The Most Studied TDR System in the World
Beginning with clinical usage in 1990, the prodisc design has been validated with over 225,000 device implantations worldwide and more than 540 published papers. 1
Determined Safe & Effective
for Intractable SCDD
The prodisc C Total Disc Replacement has been determined to be safe and effective in the treatment of intractable symptomatic cervical disc disease (SCDD)
at one level from C3 to C7.
C Total Disc Replacement surgery is intended to:
- Remove the diseased disc
- Restore normal disc height
- Decompress surrounding neural structures
- Potentially provide motion in affected vertebral segment
- Improve patient function
The prodisc C implant has been designed to maintain the physiologic range of motion in the spine.
The implant was developed using the clinically proven ball and socket concept used in joint replacement implants for over 40 years.
The prodisc C implant is composed of three components – two cobalt chrome alloy (CoCrMo) endplates and an ultra-high molecular weight
polyethylene (UHMWPE) inlay and is inserted into the vertebral bodies en-bloc.
The prodisc implant is a ball and socket design with a fixed center of rotation. This patented design has been in clinical use since 1990 and utilized across the entire product platform. The fixed center of rotation allows physiological range of motion while providing stability to the spine and significantly reducing reoperations at the adjacent levels.
Secure Fixation with No Profile
- Patented central keel provides secure primary fixation
- Plasma-sprayed titanium surface on bone contacting surfaces promotes integration and increases stability
- Implant does not contact anterior soft tissue structures after implantation
- 18 anatomical sizes facilitate an accurate match with the patient’s anatomy
- 6 footprints
- 3 heights (5, 6 and 7 mm)
- Designed for standard transverse approach to the anterior cervical spine
- Enables clear visualization into the disc space
1 Search performed on Pubmed, Embase, Ovid Medline® covering 1988 – 2020.
The Story of Centinel Spine
Watch this three minute primer on Centinel Spine and its unique and extraordinary place as a catalyst of change in the spine industry—with pioneering technologies and a clinical history that have led to successes ranging from PGA champions to a growing list of surgeon-patients.
SEE MORE VIDEOS