Total Disc Replacement
The only Total Disc Replacement platform for both the Lumbar and Cervical spine has moved to Centinel Spine.
The Most Studied TDR System in the U.S.
Over 200 peer-reviewed studies have been conducted on the prodisc system
Determined Safe & Effective for Degenerative Disc Disease
The prodisc L Total Disc Replacement has been determined to be safe and effective in the treatment of degenerative disc disease (DDD) at one level from L3 to S1.
L Total Disc Replacement surgery is intended to:
- Remove the diseased disc
- Restore normal disc height
- Reduce discogenic pain
- Potentially provide motion in affected vertebral segment
The prodisc L implant has been designed to maintain the physiological range of motion in the spine.
The implant was developed using the clinically proven ball and socket concept used in joint replacement implants for over 40 years.
The prodisc L implant is composed of three components – two cobalt chrome alloy (CoCrMo) endplates and an ultra-high
molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) inlay.
- Controlled and predictable motion
- Fixed center-of-rotation
- Semi-constrained design with locked polyethylene inlay
- Prevents pure anteroposterior shear to protect posterior anatomical structures
- Patented central keel and lateral spikes provide secure primary fixation
- Plasma-sprayed titanium surface on bone contacting surfaces promotes integration
- 12 anatomical combinations facilitate an accurate match with the patient’s anatomy
- Medium and large footprints
- 10, 12 and 14 mm heights
- 6° and 11º lordotic angles
- Designed for midline, mini-open anterior approach
- Enables clear visualization into the disc space
- Minimizes exposure and risk of damage to vascular structures